Monday, January 26, 2009

Hussein Chalayan...London-Day 1





Just arrived in London and although being a little jet lagged, I was whisked away to the Design Museum by my flatmate to catch Hussein Chalayan's exhibition-From fashion and back.

The exhibition is a display of Chalayan's work spanning 15 years. Such intricate and elaborate design ranging pieces featuring swarovski crystals, beaming red lasers, remote control dresses which i like to call the "The Transformers", and LCD multicolor lights. It was truly an exhibition were I found myself in awe, entertained and inspired. This goes without saying, but the models/mannequins were creepishly intriguing...almost too realistic where at one point I felt one was going to jump out at me. :S

Me & Vicky-New flatmate, yay:)
After Thai food at Oxford..found ourselves in Hoxton square..I must add that finding a cab in London is a chaotic experience. Once we finally found a cab and told him the driver the exact address of where we wanted to go, he responds by saying,"i can take you there but you have to tell me when, im not a postal carrier love".Who says that??Apparently he didn't quite understand his job description.



No comments: